Marketing Manager - ( Hospitality/Food and Beverage ) , at View Boston Observatory - Legends (Boston · MA)
Founded in 2008, Legends’ operating divisions worldwide include – Global Partnerships, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, Global Technology Solutions, Attractions, Growth Enterprises – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
Global Attractions is a natural progression from Legends 360-degree platform for success. Our unrivaled guest experience and deeply researched sales and planning methodologies give us an edge. Legends currently operates 10+ attractions around the globe. We bring together some of the brightest experiential and attraction masterminds around the globe to ensure each brilliant idea is regionally relevant and destined to dazzle, delight and drive a steady stream of diverse visitors.
- Custom narratives to guide the journey, delivered to deeply engage distinct visitor groups
- Bold and dramatic design to push the envelope on the physical space and inspire awe and wonder
- Re-imagined dining experiences to delight local foodies
- Leading-edge technology and innovation to drive interactivity and create fully immersive experiences
Legends manages all operations across ticketing, special events, sponsorship food and beverage and retail for Attractions partners.
View Boston, which encompasses the top three floors of the Prudential Tower, will feature immersive experiential exhibits and a bistro on the 50th floor, an indoor/outdoor cocktail lounge with a 360-degree outdoor viewing deck on the 51st floor, and a double high (24-foot) indoor viewing space on the 52nd floor. The destination, designed with the adventurer in mind, was created to be an attraction that welcomes locals, and domestic and international visitors, being the ideal stop as they begin their Boston experience. Whether they are interested in discovering famed institutions and coveted hidden gems through immersive interactive experiences or meeting friends for a sunset cocktail - their unforgettable Bostonian experience starts here. www.viewboston.com
The Marketing Manager serves as a key member of the integrated marketing team with ownership of the marketing communications portfolio. The position will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects to drive awareness and conversion. The successful candidate will help support the day to day objectives for the marketing department under the guidance of the Director, Marketing & Sales.
- The Marketing Manager drives business success for consumers, tourism trade, group sales and special events. The manager:
- Develops the integrated communications strategy for View Boston’s paid, earned, and owned media
- Supervises or executes and monitors assigned activities in conjunction with agencies, direct report(s) and other partner’s
- Evaluates outcomes, providing on-going analysis and interpretation. Evaluates effectiveness of campaigns
- Delivers executive management reports
- Recommends resource allocations and manages budgets
- Serves as the key communications “account manager” for View Boston’s businesses and as key contact for executing with agency partners and third parties
- Communicates View Boston’s brand standards with internal and external partners to ensure the consistent implementation of brand Optimizes messaging by channel.
- Paid Media: In cooperation with our media agency, develops annual media plans, adjusts quarterly. Supervises media placements by month and by week. Manages the annual media and production budget, updates monthly. Manages and executes barter, value in kind, partner, and sponsor/promotional placements. Directs the internal creative team to prepare and traffic advertising creative. Maintains the inventory of advertising creative assets. With agency assistance, maintains updated flowchart, tracks KPIs and overall campaign effectiveness and reports weekly.
- Earned Media/PR: In cooperation with our public relations agency, authors the annual public relations plan, updates quarterly. Maintains the inventory of View Boston’s media/press assets. Continually ensures the servicing of local, national, and international press. Plans and executes all on-site press activations. Manages and executes barter, value in kind, partner, and sponsor/promotional activities. Manages the PR Agency and budget, update monthly. With agency assistance, distributes clips, tracks efficacy of placements and reports weekly.
- Owned Media/Website/Social Media: Produces the annual web/social media strategy, updates quarterly. Supervises the execution with the Digital Specialist (direct report). Supervises the Digital Specialists’ monitoring of the View Boston website and the creation of monthly editorial and promotional content calendars. Ensures all channels are updated and refreshed. Sets tone and voice. Reviews and approves update of website, all social posts/messaging and review site activity (TripAdvisor, Yelp, et. al.). Manages and supports the Digital Specialists activities to monitor, report upon and meet goals for new organic audience reach, web traffic and sales conversion. Liaises with the View Boston’s ticketing system. Routinely reviews Google Analytics, Facebook analytics, et. al. to develop weekly reports. Manages the social media budget.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough knowledge of advertising media principles, strategies, techniques and analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital / social media strategy, content publishing best practices and analytics
- Exposure to domestic or international public relations activities
- Aptitude for evolving and delivering an integrated media strategy across all platforms
- Negotiation skill and ability to manage budgets
- Agency management experience
- Creative aptitude, including excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills; familiarity with audience analytics
- Must work well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to take constructive criticism and change direction to suit operational needs
- Project Management experience
- Positive attitude toward colleagues and outside vendors
- Professional, punctual and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Four to six (4-6) years professional experience in marketing communications
- Experience in the hospitality, Food & Beverage, tourism, live entertainment, sports industry or other ticket selling industries
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
- Bachelors or better in Other