Market Research Intern for CSL International – Minneapolis, MN
Conventions, Sports and Leisure International is a leading consulting firm specializing in providing advisory and planning services to the convention, hospitality, event facility, sport, entertainment and visitor industries. Founded in 1988, CSL has experience with more than 1,000 projects performed for both public and private sector clients. An example of a typical project is a feasibility study for a new convention center or a new sports/entertainment arena that involves developing a detailed foundation of market research and analysis including assessing market demand, financial/cost implications, economic impacts and funding opportunities.
For more information on our firm and services, please visit our website at www.cslintl.com.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our firm in a diverse, project-based environment as a key analytical and research resource for CSL’s downtown Minneapolis office. This individual will conduct market research and develop analyses to be used in preparing project feasibility studies. Research will also be used in studies that evaluate facility operational effectiveness and demand for convention and tourism assets. This paid intern position is available on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) during the summer, a part-time basis (minimum 12 hours per week) during the school year and an opportunity for full-time employment upon graduation.
Work under the direction of project managers and senior analysts to:
- Conduct primary industry market research through analysis of past, current and potential future event space users and/or visitors to the market. Analysis will often be conducted over the telephone or via email/internet resources.
- Assemble and review operational and physical characteristics of existing and planned facilities and destinations.
- Maintain and expand database of extensive industry trends and characteristics.
- Summarize results of research and analysis for both internal and external purposes.
- Develop current and prospective client presentation materials.
- Minimum of grade point average of 3.0.
- Available to work as a Summer Intern.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts in both written and verbal formats.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to assimilate new information quickly and work under deadlines.
- Well-organized with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
How did you hear about this job?