Graphic Designer with Legends in San Diego · CA
Sports Jobs in San Diego · CA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Founded in 2008, Legends is a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 season team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marque clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. A few of our esteemed partners include:
New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, Manchester City Football Club
Notre Dame, Southern California, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Villanova, Louisville, Utah, Missouri, Rose Bowl Stadium
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
San Diego State University is a major public research institution that provides transformative experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom, for its more than 36,000 students. The university offers bachelor's degrees in 95 areas, master's degrees in 78 areas and doctorates in 22 areas. The Aztecs are the 19 men’s and women’s NCAA Division I athletics teams representing the University as a member of the Mountain West Conference.
San Diego State University Mission Valley
On November 6, 2018 San Diego voters approved Measure G paving the way for the proposed SDSU Mission Valley campus expansion. As a result, SDSU will build a 35,000-capacity multi-use stadium to serve as the new home for Aztec football beginning with the 2022 season.
SDSU Athletics has partnered with Legends Global Sales to secure naming rights and founding partnerships for the new Mission Valley Stadium. They will also assist in the sales strategy and execution of ticket packages for Aztec football, men’s & women’s basketball as well as premium and priority seating at the new Mission Valley Stadium.
The Graphic Designer, Aztec Stadium will assist the Legends and SDSU team in creating innovative, visually impactful sponsorship and ticket sales proposals, videos, digital campaigns, print, Web and social applications, that maintain the continuity and integrity of the SDSU athletic department. He or she should be able to brainstorm and come up with custom graphics that transmit ideas across digital platforms, they are also deadline driven, organized and detail obsessed. They have top notch interpersonal and communication skills but are also self-starters, able to work independently from a group.
- Ability to design for both digital and print, including sponsorship and ticket sales proposals, web, social media, emails, invitations, logos, brochures, postcards, flyers, signage, advertisements, infographics and other print collateral and special projects as assigned
- Facilitates design projects from concept through production and delivery, ensuring internal procedures such as schedules, proofs, approvals, file preparation and job archiving have been properly executed
- Preserve, protect and uphold brand standards and the use of SDSU marks amongst outside vendors and internal parties
- Able to collaborate with the SDSU marketing team, other internal teams and external clients in a professional manner
- Ability to take strategic feedback and incorporate into revisions, edits, modifications, resizing and other adjustments to previously completed work
- Selecting photos and helping manage archives as needed
- Help distribute photos and logos as requested from multiple departments and clients
- Maintains knowledge of the latest design trends and techniques, products and resources, develops and advocates best practices in design, maintains active knowledge of developments in field, seeks out learning opportunities and other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of graphic design experience required – sports sponsorship graphic experience a plus
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite and others; specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Power Point is required
- Working knowledge of Facebook ad specs including correct sizing of video and graphic dimensions by ad type and placement
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with changing priorities
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure
- Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in graphics arts preferred
- Able to work flexible hours including some nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to demonstrate creative experience through portfolio of work samples
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
To learn more about Legends, SDSU, and the SDSU Mission Valley Stadium Project please visit:
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
How did you hear about this job?