Global Director of Travel Industry Sales
New York, NY
Marketing: Sales & Marketing Management
Global Director of Travel Industry Sales - Legends Attractions
About Legends: As a global solution provider in the sports and entertainment industry, our visionary approach delivers results and innovation. Legends is led by industry veterans with an unparalleled amount of collective experience in Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality. We are the architects of premium sports and entertainment experiences, providing project feasibility reports, project development and analytics, premium and individual ticket sales execution and service, sponsorship and naming rights, stadium/arena tours, special event sales and sales training, general hospitality, premium food & beverage, catering, and retail merchandise.
Headquartered in NYC, LA, and Dallas, Legends’ mission is to deliver solutions for legendary brands. We are a different kind of company doing things differently by bringing new ideas and approaches to enhance the fans experience built on a strong partnership with our clients. As a team’s service partner, Legends is responsible for the vast majority of the direct fan interactions where lifelong memories are created and experiences are defined.
In NYC, Legends manages the overall ticket sales, sponsorship and operations of One World Observatory atop One World Trade Center; in LA, Legends also manages the overall ticket sales, sponsorship and operations of OUE Skyspace atop the US Bank Tower. As we continue to expand our Attractions portfolio, your primary role will be to directly manage the function of the defined property, with an opportunity to further expand into several additional properties.
The Role: The Global Director of Travel Industry Sales' primary function is to represent the entire Attractions portfolio to the tour and travel industry both domestically and internationally. This individual will be responsible for overall revenue generation and sales strategies for all Attractions accounts with a specific focus on maximizing exposure through trade shows, sales calls, site inspections and client entertaining.
- Represent Legends Attractions at trade shows that are targeted to match visitor demographics
- Proactively solicit new business by, among other things, making sales calls, attending trade shows, and engaging in other client prospecting in order to increase the size of the client database
- Collaborate with the onsite and Corporate Sales teams to establish the FIT budget based on overall annual budget
- Recommend FIT pricing models at each Attractions account
- Determine tourism flow and seasonality to maximize FIT impact for each location
- Manage and contract with National/International Trade Associations to secure memberships and marketing support for Legends Attractions
- Activate both regional and national tourism partnerships with potential in-market partners
- Facilitate relationships with both single and multiple location resellers
- Manage FIT leads and Concierge staff at each account on budget and partnership building. Motivate Tourism sales staff to exceed monthly goals. Create and oversee procedures, policies, and client negotiations.
- Standardize FIT reporting across all Attractions accounts
- Assist in the development of concierge programs for each account
- Serve as a brand ambassador promoting the newest accounts while driving exposure, sales and press to all Attractions accounts
- Continually solicit new, high yielding client accounts
- Contract and activate approved GSA groups in major international markets to promote all Attractions accounts and drive sales continuously throughout the year
- Grow relationships at the appropriate levels, both internally and externally that enable the development and enhancement of sales initiated
- Monitor changes and new developments in the travel and tourism industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Seven to ten years of Sales leadership in a similar-sized operation preferred. Experience in the tourism industry is required
- Previous management experience and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Comfort with presenting and working with senior leadership and ownership groups
- Experience in International/Global Sales
- Multilingual preferred but not required
- Resourceful, innovative and forward thinking, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and access database tools
Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?