JOB TITLE: Director, Ticket Sales
LOCATION: Columbus, Ohio
PROJECT: Columbus Crew
DIVISION: Global Sales
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for developing and executing ticket sales strategies that maximize revenue for ticket plans and group tickets. This position will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising and motivating the Legends sales staff in an effort to optimize sales team performance. The ideal candidate should have multiple years of first-hand sales and management experience. They should be comfortable analyzing ticket sales performance metrics, data and analytics and how to utilize the information available to forecast and drive decision making. The Director of Sales should be comfortable speaking in public, a proven team leader, and have the ability to create and manage a positive and dynamic sales culture.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and develop Account Executives
- Create and implement regular ticket sales training initiatives to increase sales rep productivity and elevate overall sales team performance.
- Assist the sales team with their outbound cold calling efforts and new business client meetings.
- Analyze historical and current ticket sales data and performance metrics to determine future calling campaigns and new lead sources for the sales team.
- Work to create dashboards and virtual CRM reports to manage and track campaign performance and sales rep productivity.
- Participate in planning meetings to discuss cross departmental revenue opportunities and collaborate with other team members to support and further the sales department goals.
- Assist in creating e-marketing campaigns, inventory management, and season ticket member renewals
- Assist in the creation and management of the ticket sales budget and business plan.
- Proactively solicit new business by making sales calls, creating presentations, leading sales events and engaging in new client prospecting.
- Responsible for daily revenue tracking, campaign management and the regular communication of sales team performance to the Legends team.
- Maintain and grow relationships with customers, and be a positive ambassador of the Legends brand internally and externally.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of sales experience, with a proven record of consistently achieving sales goals/targets
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in management
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Sport Management preferred
- Proficiency in basic software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in Archtics ticketing software a plus
- Previous working experience managing a Microsoft CRM platform
- Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, analytical and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills