The Concessions Culinary Supervisor is responsible for the accuracy and quality of all food ordered, prepared and served in the kitchen on a daily basis.
The Culinary Supervisor is also responsible for the direct supervision of the culinary team, . They are also responsible for organization of equipment and food and effectively coordinating the workflow of these items throughout the amphitheater to ensure the kitchens run at maximum efficiency and ensure compliance with Legends Hospitality Management Operating Standards.
Essential Job Functions
• Reviews business levels, inventories, events, and schedules to coordinate and effectively communicate the work flow and expectations to the team on a daily basis
• Conduct and maintain records of attendance/acknowledgement for Daily Line Ups with culinary/stewarding staff
• Conduct pre-shift with wait staff daily to clarify questions, address issues and explain specials
• Monitor and supervise all Lead Cooks, Cooks, Lead Stewards and Stewards during their daily duties to ensure efficient and accurate completion of all duties. Leads the team by example and demonstration of techniques, procedures, and work ethic.
• Ensure accurate ordering, preparation, cooking, and storage of all food/recipes being prepared during the shift.
• Ensure food quality of all food served from the kitchen.
• Ensure all food safety policies and procedures are being upheld throughout the shift, both written/recorded responsibilities and active and ongoing procedures.
• Plans and directs actions to be performed to correct activities harmful to the profitability of the kitchen.
• Completes the mise en place list and order for the next business day and presents to supervisor in a timely and efficient manner.
• Communicates any opportunities efficiently and effectively with the other Managers on duty and direct supervisor.
• Responsible for continual maintenance of recipe books, including accuracy of recipes, accuracy of methodology, and current costing of recipes, noting and communicating any anomalies with the General Manager
• Assists in proper storage and rotation of deliveries.
• Is acutely aware of current inventories of product and preparation needs to ensure the integrity of the kitchen is upheld
• Monitors quality of received items and product on hand and ensures proper storage and handling throughout the kitchen
• Maintains a positive working rapport with Managers, staff, and all support departments.
• Assists in preparing month end inventories
• Actively ensures all timekeeping issues are corrected on a shift by shift basis
• Assist with staff scheduling according to ability, availability, schedule requests, and business levels – to be presented to the General Manager for final approval
• Actively participates in the recruitment/hiring process
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Excellent customer service, both internal and external
• Have an extensive knowledge of recipes, techniques, and procedures and be able to demonstrate and effectively teach to all staff
• Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, respectful, and honest communication at all levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
• Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly. Continually strives for excellence.
• Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow despite any unforeseen circumstances that may arise
• Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
• Ability to overcome obstacles and achieve excellence and inspire other, leading by example
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Must be able to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.