Corporate Benefits Manager
Position: Corporate Benefits Manager
Location: Legends NYC Corporate Office
As a global solution provider in the sports and entertainment industry, our visionary approach delivers results and innovation. The Legends signature approach encompasses our acclaimed Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality divisions synchronizing a 360-degree venue solution across its four business verticals – North America Professional, College, International and Attractions that is supported by unmatched industry experience and results.
We are the architects of premium sports and entertainment experiences, providing project feasibility reports, project development and analytics, premium and individual ticket sales execution and service, sponsorship and naming rights, stadium/arena tours, special event sales and sales training, general hospitality, premium food & beverage, catering, and retail merchandise. Ultimately, we are driven by a collaborative approach to assist our partners to help them achieve their goals.
It is a passion that runs deep throughout our company, and beats to the shared standards and historic moments of our partners.
Legends is seeking a Corporate Benefits Manager reporting to the Chief Administrative and Legal Officer. The responsibility of the Corporate Benefits Manager is to design, plan and implement corporate benefits programs, policies and procedures. They are responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations. As needed, they will provide special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. He/She will survey the industry to determine Legends’ competitive position in employee benefits. This position develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration of existing plans. Also includes developing cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee. This executive will be a proactive, strategic thinker with hands-on execution of responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Update employee benefit records and data changes in the Ultimate Software HRIS system. Ensure proper processes and administration of employee benefit transactions, including new hires, life events, new ACA eligible staff, and open enrollment processing.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Oversee Legends self-insured medical plans. Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Maintain consistency in benefit plan administration and regulatory compliance (e.g., plan documentation).
- Oversee plan contract administration, annual reporting (5500, audit, etc.), renewals and rate setting.
- Knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, ADA, Section 125, Medicare, Social Security, DOL, FMLA, Military and other leaves of absence.
- Monitor, audit and reconcile all benefit vendor invoices.
- Monitor all benefit vendor integrations from and to the Ultimate Software HRIS system.
- Instructs Legends’ benefits broker and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in the benefit program.
- Oversee the Annual Benefits Open Enrollment. Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Review, prepare and analyze monthly financial information regarding the health and welfare benefit plans and provide to management.
- Review standard reports. Create and run ad hoc reports from Ultimate Software HRIS Business Intelligence as needed.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to benefits within the Ultimate Software HRIS system and implement solutions.
- Manage the design and implementation of process improvements related to benefits in conjunction with Legends human resources and payroll staff, and with Legends benefits broker.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Provide benefit training for HR staff, as needed.
- Partner with human resources and payroll staff on key company projects. Provide administrative support as needed.
- A bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in benefits administration.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with online benefits enrollment administration required. Ultimate Software HRIS experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with report writing tools (Cognos) preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize a large number of projects.
- Legends is an equal opportunity employer.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
How did you hear about this job?