Chef De Cuisine (at Winstar World Casino and Resort) - Legends (Thackerville · OK)
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with six divisions operating worldwide – Global Planning, Global Sales, Global Partnerships, Hospitality, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
We believe that exceptional venue experiences should extend beyond game day and show time. From five-star feasts and craft cocktails to local eats and sizzling chef-inspired creations, we are renowned for our exceptional dining experiences. Our fresh, creative cuisine is just the beginning. We strive to delight guests at every turn: candy walls, in-house bakeshops and a warm welcome at every turn.
WINSTAR WORLD CASINO
WinStar World Casino is the country’s largest casino, owned and operated by the Chickasaw Nation near the Oklahoma/Texas state line, in Thackerville, OK. Legends will be partnering with WinStar Casino to provide top-tier hospitality and customer service expertise to multiple food & beverage outlets onsite, ranging from full-service restaurant to grab-and-go operations, as well as overseeing food & beverage for the Casino’s seasonal pool program.
The Chef De Cuisine is responsible for managing the production and control of all culinary operations in the restaurant. The Chef De Cuisine will report to the General Manager.
- Responsible for managing/overseeing all production, operation and sanitation aspects of all culinary and stewarding operations throughout property.
- Oversees all culinary employees to achieve budgetary, food quality and customer service expectations.
- Must have the ability to make effective use of available resources, including time, labor and materials, and adjust methodologies to maximize productivity.
- Regular quality assurance and quality control inspections in order to maintain cleanliness of all back of the house areas; keeps equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain food, labor and other expenses at budgeted levels.
- Must communicate and work closely with General Manager and Regional Executive Chef.
- Maintain a consistent high level of food quality kitchen productivity, and line of supply.
- Ensure team members to clean their areas as they perform their duties and assist with cleaning in other areas.
- Cross-train those within your department while encouraging, reinforcing and supporting your peers and team.
- Demonstrates competent product knowledge by correct storing and handling of all perishables, maintaining quality, security, value and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Chef De Cuisine in a high-volume food industry
- Bachelor’s degree in hotel/restaurant management preferred
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Proven track record in improving kitchen efficiencies, quality and relative costs.
- Must have excellent leadership, financial analysis, team building and communication skills/customer service.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Must be detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Must be proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be open to providing incidental or short-term support to other facilities in the event of a business emergency.
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.