In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with six divisions operating worldwide – Global Planning, Global Sales, Global Partnerships, Hospitality, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
Recognized leaders in retail and merchandising worldwide, Legends Global Merchandise provides a fully customized, customer-centric, omnichannel shopping experience for fans. Our vertical service solution allows us to provide the latest trends, styles, designs, and brand collaborations across different categories. For in-venue, e-commerce and pop-up operations, Legends sets the standard when it comes to a unique shopping experience. We pride ourselves in creating a customized portfolio of inventory based on each property and operating as a true extension of each client’s brand. Different guests want different things, and we are here to build and provide a tailored retail experience.
Assistant Event Manager - Traveling Team - Motor Sports
Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in onsite merchandise sales and set-up of the necessary equipment to service events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-trip and post trip vehicles.
- Perform proper care, use, and routine maintenance of all event related equipment.
- Oversee proper display of all merchandise in all sales locations.
- Plan event logistics including but not limited to: event schedule (prep, set-up, during, and conclusion), travel and hotel, money management, staffing requirements, site maps, permitting (sales, tax, fire, building, etc.).
- Manage any/all extra support staff to assure maximization of sales at events (assist Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
- Oversee security measures of all sales locations, during business hours and after.
- Maintain inventory control measures and perform a physical inventory of all sales locations at the conclusion of the event when required.
- Be accountable for all product shrinkage (lost, damage, stolen) from all sales locations during the course of the event.
- Assist in loading and unloading merchandise prior to, during, and at the conclusion of an event.
- Oversee the packing of merchandise and displays of all sales locations for transportation at the conclusion of the event (assist Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
- Assist with and oversee the transferring and recording of merchandise during events.
- Assist with merchandise sales during the event when necessary.
- Oversee the capturing of all sales records (assist Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
- Oversee the collection of credit card receipts from all sales locations (assist the Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
- Will be present throughout the duration of the event (including returning for the completion of the event in cases where inclement weather conditions prevent from completing on the scheduled days).
- Adhere to and enforce Legends policies and procedures with all event staff both full-time and temporary
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates or four-year college degree in business, management or related field, is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Minimum 4 years retail sales
- Personnel management experience needed
- Must be able to travel 30-35 weeks/weekends throughout the year, an average of 8-9 days per event. Be comfortable driving solo or with a team.
- This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage people.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to speak effectively to event personnel and management.
- Basic knowledge of Outlook email and elevated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Supervises Event Team at assigned events (assists the Event Manager when not in the lead role). Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and bend and move about the facility and/or other off-site locations.
- Works in a variety of different elements including office, warehouse, outdoor. Environment is not always climate controlled.
- Exposed to dust, odors, noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions while working lengthy hours in any given day, week or event.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.