In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Founded in 2008, Legends’ operating divisions worldwide include – Global Partnerships, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, Global Technology Solutions, Attractions, Growth Enterprises – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
The Director, Partnerships will conceptualize, develop, and secure key local and national sponsorships to maximize their relationship with the Cleveland Browns. The Director of Partnerships will be primarily responsible for driving new business development as a key member of the partnerships team. The Director will also be responsible for individually driving six- and seven- figure, multi-year partnerships. This position will report to the Vice President, Partnerships.
Work with partnerships team to manage key category development and platform ideation for new and existing partners.
Secure and conduct partnership development meetings with potential clients by leveraging relationships as well as cold outreach.
Research and identify industries and organizations to solicit sponsorship.
Create, package, and sell solution-based naming rights and sponsorship while leading a team to meet and exceed all revenue goals.
Work with business development team to design high-level vision decks and interactive practice pitch meetings.
Negotiate and close sponsorship deals and work with counsel through contract execution.
Manage a pipeline of new business prospects for the entire Partnership sales team.
Develop relationships and work directly with key colleagues to create a collaborative business development process and the opportunity for integrated partnerships.
Aim to understand the marketing and business objectives of prospective clients and their agencies to determine how a partnership with the Cleveland Browns can help them achieve their goals.
Present Cleveland Browns to potential national/international sponsorship partners and develop an integrated, solution-driven approach to creating sponsorship packages.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers at client marketing companies and their respective advertising agencies.
Attend weekly meetings with senior-level executives and provide routine recruitment updates.
Be a team player and contribute to the general success of Legends Global Partnerships across all facets, including positively representing the Cleveland Browns among all corporate and partners.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of high-level partnership revenue performance preferred selling partnerships for professional, collegiate or media sports property.
- Preferable experience includes working with new and/or facility renovation projects within the Entertainment or Sports Industry.
- Renowned solution-selling pedigree.
- Solid book of business with high-level contacts at large and midsize corporations, particularly companies with sponsorship portfolios.
- A proven track record in pitching, negotiating, and closing six and seven-figure sponsorship deals.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies, and negotiating creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities with excellent communication skills.
- High energy and a personality that thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong work ethic and a competitive drive to win.
- Ability to communicate the value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution.
- Ability to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential partners’ needs.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to quickly earn and maintain trust.
- Ability to develop strong peer-level relationships and work in a team environment.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Location: On Site
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.