We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, PAYROLL
RESUME DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 23, 2018
Performs assigned payroll functions for company payrolls
· Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
· Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
· Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
· Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
· Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
· Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
· Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
· Runs adhoc reporting for the Accounting/Finance Team or Managers of Various departments when asked
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· College level course work in Accounting and/or Human Resources preferred.
· Four to five years of payroll experience to include payroll entry, reporting, ADP payroll system, general ledger entries, multi-state payroll tax, per diem tax and relocation applications and 401k reporting.
· Thorough knowledge of payroll functions and processes, including multi-state applications.
· Working knowledge of 401k reporting, workers compensation reporting, wage and hour laws by state, and IRS reporting/auditing.
· Knowledge of ADP payroll system.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
· Ability to analyze information, focus on detail, ensure thoroughness, and maintain strict confidentiality.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to focus on detail, ensure thoroughness and maintain strict confidentiality.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision.
· Ability to meet and maintain deadlines for payroll processing as set by company policies.
· Ability to train other members of team as needed.