Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and Entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. KSE is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We are the employer of choice as the owner and operator of Ball Arena, DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, the Paramount Theatre, 1STBANK Center, Denver Nuggets (NBA), the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth (NLL), Colorado Rapids (MLS), Altitude Sports & Entertainment, Major League Fishing/Fishing League Worldwide (MLFLW), Winnercomm, Outdoor Sportsman Group and SkyCam.
Nature of Work:
The Colorado Rapids Marketing Manager will assist with efforts related to game and brand promotion. This includes, but is not limited to email marketing, media buying across multiple channels, and event marketing. The Marketing Manager will gain production experience while working on gamedays. The Marketing Manager will work with external partners such as media agencies, marketing technology vendors, and league partners. Additionally, the Marketing Manager with work cross-functionally with our Event Presentation, Design, Partnership Marketing, and Digital Content teams.
Examples of work performed:
- Build marketing programs and advertising strategies to promote club initiatives, events, programs, and ticket sales across multiple channels in support of overall strategic marketing plan
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging internal processes and relationships
- Provide strategic media planning including promotional weight, rate negotiation, and overall tactical media placement
- Evaluate and reconcile advertising campaigns on an on-going basis to ensure all materials are placed and running as planned
- Responsible for developing and activating season long media strategy, including placement, copy and creative development, and distribution for: radio & TV, promotional events, digital, print ads, and outdoor media
- Oversee and manage the club creative pipeline and deliverables throughout the approval and production process
- Works with ticket sales team on goals, revenue, ticket initiatives, promotional packages, and single game ticket strategy to maximize ROI.
- Manage all invoice and reconciliation process on behalf of marketing department
- Serve as primary point of contact and manage vendor relationships with club partners such as KSE Imprints and EPS Doublet. Coordinate all delivery and logistics to successfully and optimally activate marketing and sales initiatives and promotions
- Work with Partnership Marketing team to increase revenue opportunities while supporting the club and brand goals and initiatives
- Work with Altitude TV and KSE Radio on a regular basis to maximize partnership
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Typical Office Conditions
- Lift 50 lbs. daily
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of both education and experience
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with media planning, including TV, radio, billboards, digital, and social media advertising
- Experience managing and monitoring a budget
- Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid drivers license and meet company vehicle driving standards
- Four to five years’ experience in advertising, creative development, promotion, writing ad copy, and ad campaign creation
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree: major in communications, public relations, or marketing
- Management or supervisor experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of sports marketing, entertainment business, and event development and implementation
- Experience with Microsoft suite
- Well-versed in soccer and MLS
- Base salary range $52,500 - $62,500 per annum
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.