*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Director, Social Media (Colorado Rapids)
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home. We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and by working within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community. We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model.
The Rapids Digital department manages all digital assets for Colorado Rapids Soccer Club, one of the founding clubs in Major League Soccer. This includes ColoradoRapids.com, the team’s space within theMLS App, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and a share of the weekly email communication. The department acts as the primary news & information outlet for the club and their goal is to amplify the brand and ethos of the club 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The group’s goal is to tell the story of the club like nobody else can, focusing specifically on visual content.
As part of the Rapids Digital department, the Director of Social Media will oversee and manage a large portion of the group’s day-to-day planning, scheduling & analytics for the club’s social media while striving to meet business goals across the organization. This position will act as a driving force in the club’s content creation, digital voice, fan engagement and social media advertising. In addition, this position will be tasked with managing the club’s social media strategy in collaboration with in-house writers, videographers, photographers, graphic designers and social media staff. This position will be heavily involved in managing staff and have a voice in driving revenue through ticket sales and sponsored activations in the digital space.
- Experience in producing social media content for numerous outlets.
- Experience in social media publishing, tracking and reporting tools.
- Familiarity with a variety of the industry’s concepts, best practices and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, understanding of social media and video workflows.
- Strong attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple project timelines simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of MLS and a comprehensive knowledge of the Colorado Rapids and KSE.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-media environment.
- Ability to work well with many departments including senior management.
- Self-motivated, positive and collaborative attitude.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Mac/PC software, and web/new media technology.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, and travel as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage production and publishing of social media content to all social media outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Strong understanding of trends in the industry and proven storytelling ability using social media.
- Ability to pitch and execute creative content and develop content that has potential to be monetized.
- Ability to take larger club-wide business goals and implement them into the voice and content strategy on social media.
- Understanding of content strategies and creative workflows.
- Experience interacting and replying to fans via social media platforms.
- Ability to work in a deadline-focused environment.
- Ability to spot industry trends ahead of the curve and execute content around those trends.
- Ability to creatively integrate non-soccer content in to daily workflow.
- Collaborate with other KSE social media departments, explore solutions that benefit all of KSE.
- Bachelor’s degree required in media, social media or similar field, required.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience managing, creating and producing social and digital media content for a brand or team, required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.