*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Director, Marketing (Colorado Rapids)
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home. We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and by working within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community. We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model.
About Our Job
The Director of Marketing oversees the daily workflow of the marketing department. They are responsible for in the planning, building, and execution of fully comprehensive marketing plans aimed at driving ticket sales, brand awareness, and relevancy in the market.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Live, breath, eat and drink the brand while keeping ticket sales, revenue, and brand awareness top of mind.
- Lead all marketing initiatives while simultaneously focusing on brand awareness and supporting the overall sales vision for the club.
- Works with Partnership Marketing team to develop assets in order to increase revenue opportunities while effectively supporting the club and departmental goals and initiatives.
- Lead and manage the marketing department while collaborating with ticket sales and partnership marketing to ensure a seamless cross-functional workflow, timely execution of deliverables, and foster opportunities for ROI.
- Develop and drive distinctive club and brand storytelling.
- Work with Art Director to create Colorado Rapids brand, annual campaigns, and visual identity.
- Craft consumer journeys that prioritize targeted messaging and foundational business drivers throughout club assets and mediums.
- Manages development of in-house marketing initiatives and programs, and helps create and execute strategy for reaching all fan demos (season ticket holders, new fans, single game buyers, etc.)
- Drive development and implementation of the Rapids brand across all mediums including institutional assets and paid media campaigns.
- Develops overall promotional message calendar and inventory allocation for the club.
- Manages and monitors the cub’s brand development and activation
- Serves as final approval and sign off on all internal and external campaign collateral and club deliverables.
- Oversees creative insertion process, including copy for collateral, radio, TV, print ads, signage and others.
- Manages and maintains the Marketing departmental budget.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Leadership and organization skills
- Analytics and creative thinking
- Management or supervisor experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills (a portfolio of writing samples to include advertising copy and press materials is required)
- Proven experience in budget planning and monitoring
- Minimum of six years of experience in advertising, creative development, promotion, copy writing, and ad campaign creation.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Passion for the sport of soccer
- Knowledge of Major League Soccer and the Colorado Rapids
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement - Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing.
- Experience Requirement - Five to seven years’ experience in marketing, branding, or related fields.