The Colorado Rapids Street Team member is part of a unique fleet of charismatic, knowledgeable, entrepreneurial, and dynamic individuals. These members are excited to share their passion for the Colorado Rapids with current and future Rapids fans. The most important part of the Street Team’s job is to promote the Colorado Rapids and offer a memorable fan experience. Essentially, Street Team is the face of the Colorado Rapids.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Represents the Colorado Rapids, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, and their respective partners and sponsors as the brand ambassadors at events in the community year-round.
· Responsible for club’s lead capture efforts including collection, distribution, and database maintenance.
· Must be an expert at engaging consumers by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
· Market the Colorado Rapids coordinating partners to potential customers during each event throughout Denver and surrounding communities.
· Creating and updating database for all leads collected during events.
· The Street Team will be responsible for many game day servicing duties including; greeting clients as they enter Dicks Sporting Goods Park, assisting sponsorship department with various elements of activation, and assisting the marketing department in pre-game and halftime activities
· Execute grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Denver area such as youth soccer tournaments, community events, festivals, parades, concerts, away game viewing parties, etc.
· Sets-up, takes-down and transports the various elements of the Colorado Rapids Soccer Tour (truck, inflatables, prize wheel, tables, speakers, etc) at area events.
· Performs occasional mascot duties at Rapids home games and other Street Team events.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
· Excellent communication skills
· Charismatic and outgoing personality
· Required team oriented individuals who work well under pressure, have a positive attitude, are self-starters, and carry themselves with a high level of pride and professionalism.
· Passion for soccer and the Colorado Rapids
· Must have access to internet
· Available for 2-4 events a week
· Must be available to attend and actively participate in 1-2 team meetings per month
· Must be able to work under diverse weather conditions
· Must be able to stand and remain mobile for extended periods
· Must be able to perform activities with confidence and manage crowds
· Fundamental knowledge of the Colorado Rapids, Major League Soccer, global soccer, and the local Colorado community preferred.
· Experience with event production/promotions/game presentation is a plus
· Local market knowledge is a plus
· Flexible schedule – must be able to work unusual hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.