An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, and have fun."
Arkansas Sports Properties is Learfield IMG College’s local, dedicated entity representing the University of Arkansas. In complete collaboration with the university, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the Razorbacks’ brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base.
As exclusive multimedia rights holder for University of Arkansas, Arkansas Sports Properties manages all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with traditional, digital and other non-traditional media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; digital engagement including social media, the official athletics website, content, digital gaming and retargeting, event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and radio game broadcasts and coaches’ shows.
Our growing sponsorship business seeks an accomplished General Manager (GM) to join our Arkansas Sports Properties team located on the University of Arkansas campus in Fayetteville, AR. Our ideal GM candidate will be a strong business leader who can drive both financial and operational results. If you’re interested in combining your passion for sports with a successful track record in sales execution and leadership, we want to speak with you!
Official Athletic Website: https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/
Official School Website: https://www.uark.edu
- The General Manager (GM) reports directly to the Regional Vice President and is responsible for the planning, implementation & administration of all aspects of the overall property business
- Partner closely with athletic department staff with the objective of ensuring the highest attainable level of success for the sports property. This includes:
- Developing strong relationships within the department
- Understanding the strategic goals and objectives of the department
- Determining University’s fit within primary business market
- Ensuring the property is integrated into and in alignment with the department
- Deliver on individual and team revenue goals through the selling of corporate sponsorships and other revenue producing opportunities
- Continue growing a strong team-based property culture, where encouragement and partnership are recognized and rewarded
- Coach, manage and motivate the sales staff and partnership services team
- Create, implement, and review strategic business plans, including sales/financial performance and new product development
- Develop and maintain strong, lasting relationships with both current and potential corporate sponsors
- Ensure property team effectively leverages internal support groups such as Integrated Marketing, Research and Digital to drive sales
- Supervise the school’s respective broadcasting talent and work closely with operations/production staff to ensure the highest quality in programming, production, coverage and presentation.
- Partner with Regional Vice President to develop an annual fiscal budget for the entire property
- Be visible and active in the community
- Maintain flexible work hours including sporting and non-sporting events that may occur on weeknights or weekends
- 8+ years of experience in corporate sponsorship sales and sales management, with previous sports industry and/or higher education experience highly preferred
- Ability to analyze a client’s traditional, digital and non-traditional marketing needs based on the customer’s marketing targets and objectives, and craft an integrated marketing solution(s) to meet those needs
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, including but not limited to social media, content marketing, banner ads, mobile, retargeting and websites, including interpreting performance analytics for all areas.
- Proven track record developing and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated effectiveness hiring, developing, and promoting top sales & service team talent
- High energy level coupled with a strong drive for results
- Ability to develop and executive strategic plans to meet both short and long-term business objectives
- Effective problem-solving abilities & solution-based mindset
- Commitment to a strong team-first culture focused on exceeding goals and supporting each other at all times
- Must possess a high level of integrity and honesty
- A passion for college athletics & corporate sponsorship sales
- Ability to influence and motivate others through leading by example
- Manage time effectively and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to demonstrate self-confidence and optimism in any environment
- Effective listening, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Learfield IMG College is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity