- Manages the Parking Services Department for various properties throughout the District Detroit.
- Perform managerial responsibilities in accordance with the Director’s and department's policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and disciplining of Operations Supervisors, and conduct colleague performance reviews. Work closely with Operations Supervisors, Managers, and Director to ensure the completion of necessary tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining department operations (e.g. payroll, event operations, supervisor schedules, generating of reports, etc.).
- Provide input and analysis to department with regard to developing and monitoring the budget.
- Develop, approve, and implement department policies, procedures, and reports and train staff on changes.
- Assess and determine departmental needs, provide quotes, create purchase orders, and make recommendations to management for approval.
- Responsible for making sure all event materials (signs, barricades, cases, etc.) are in sufficient supply; in working order and appropriately dispersed and returned for all events. Ensure facilities are event ready and Safety Act compliant.
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure our guests’ experiences are extraordinary and memorable. Address complaints and resolve issues with colleagues and guests.
- Act as department and company representative in internal and external meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Facility Management and 2 years’ experience in the parking, retail or hospitality industry. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of formal education
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with at least two (2) years as a supervisor providing formal or informal work direction
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess effective human relations and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrate readiness to undertake position responsibilities on one's own and the ability to work independently
- Ability to read, understand, and convey technical documents, including but not limited to policies, safety procedures, maintenance instructions and operator manuals
- Proficient in the use of computers (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Evidence of problem-solving and the ability to make decisions based on solid business judgments and experience
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License with good driving record
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Prior experience in parking industry and event operations
- Extended periods of standing in all types of weather conditions
- Position may require stooping, crouching, or kneeling
- Ability to lift of move up to 25 pounds
- Position may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicle exhaust
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.