The Director of Finance, Olympia Parking is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Finance and Accounting department. This position will have responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the parking operations, as well as directing its financial vision to support successful operations, growth and profitability. The Director provides administrative oversight and direction to the following functions: accounting, budgeting, treasury, audit/review, financial analysis and business operations projects. The position also ensures financial policies and procedures are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of accounting information for the business by maintaining and operating efficient and effective accounting systems and controls.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including corresponding analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversees and leads annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with Parking Management.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Leads and directs the accounting operation to generate maximum efficiency and productivity by developing staff, utilizing meaningful metrics, establishing clear goals and by continuous review of policies and procedures.
- Conducts analysis of key performance indicators.
- Is a key business partner to the business and supports all operating projects.
- Oversees monthly accounts payable process and bi-weekly payroll process.
- Ensures all cash handling procedures are documented and updated as necessary.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Minimum 7 years of related experience in accounting/finance working preferably within the parking industry segment.
- Strong experience in finance, accounting, contracts, budgets and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Highest level of integrity, honesty to report to executives in an open and unbiased manner.
- Demonstrated experience with handling and maintaining highly confidential information in a discreet manner without breach of confidentiality.
- Strong intellectual capacity, critical and analytical thinker; possesses a fact-based approach to the analysis of business problems and opportunities. Displays executive presence, seasoning and maturity.
- Highly motivated and results oriented leader of both people and projects, who can attract and develop talent.
- Verifiable track record of assisting business and finance leaders in understanding and improving cost structures, increasing profitability, and capitalizing on growth opportunities in the marketplace.
- Experience with tax issues and standards
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills with ability to present financial information in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office and Oracle accounting/financial reporting systems experience is strongly preferred.
- Works in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, noise, dust and the like.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.