The Detroit Red Wings are looking for a motivated, energetic, and dedicated professional to serve as Promotions & Special Events Manager within the Marketing Team. This is a multi-functional position with a focus on development of all promotional elements of games, giveaways, and other initiatives designed to increase attendance and enhance the fan experience.
This person should have an eye on elevating the total fan experience, creating immersive events and activations that are on brand and in alignment with overall game presentation, fan development and marketing strategies for the Detroit Red Wings. This position will also be responsible for growing the Red Wings our fan base, database and generate earned media from creating best in class brand activations, stunts and programming.
- Development and execution of theme nights, special events and giveaways to drive ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities
- Determine the promotional giveaway schedule and oversee the production and purchasing process of all items.
- Utilize customer insights to connect promotional games and content with target audiences to increase attendance
- Event planning and execution tied to audience development KPIs and revenue goals
- Ensure all promotions and special events are in alignment with brand guidelines
- Develops internal communication system regarding game day activities
- Works with Marketing and Fan Development to program and execute unique and memorable brand activations
- Works in partnership with Corporate Sales Department to ensure accurate execution of corporate partner commitments as it relates to Pre-Game and In-Game presentations, promotional giveaway items
- Work with counterparts within the Marketing department to ensure department website, social media, and other digital content are up to date with relevant information, dates, and photos.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, communications, marketing or business – equivalent experience in planning and managing of events can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in promotions or special events
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to relay accurate, timely, information to multitude of parties to ensure events are executed well
- Computer skills necessary, knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and budgeting.
- Able to work with individuals of all ages and capacities, including those with developmental and physical disabilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours including game events, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with others.
- Outdoors and office environment.
- Position will need to work in various weather conditions.
- Position is required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements. The Detroit Red Wings has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.