WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Position Summary: The Supervising Producer is responsible for assisting in the creative development, production and post-production of assigned digital video programs, including short-form vignettes, sponsored content, social media content, ancillary programming and/or 76ers related projects. This role also oversees large production teams, including Producer/Editors and related Associates and drives production schedules, from in-season, offseason, game days and nights and more. The role must also establish relationships with appropriate personnel and/or staff in various 76ers departments including Brand and Creative, Corporate Partnerships, Activation, Sales, Public Relations and more to ensure proper coordination of projects. Mentor/assist in the development of production staff to improve product quality. Work with Director, Content Strategy and Sr. Production Mgr. on planning of projects and personnel assignments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and assign projects to a large group of Producer/Editors and related Associates, work with team to maintain project budgets, timelines and deliverables
- Manage assigned series, sponsored content, special programs or other 76ers related projects
- Oversee the daily planning and production, in coordination with Director, Content Strategy and Senior Production Manager, of all assigned programs and/or projects. Supervise personnel on the assigned projects
- Oversee the editorial content of assigned projects to ensure that the quality is at the highest level
- Manage all phases of production, in coordination with Director, Content Strategy and Sr. Production Manager, of all assigned programs and/or projects
- Coordinate with Senior Production Manager in setting shooting and edit schedules; administer personnel assignments regarding those schedules
- Determine creative standard, approve ideas, scripts, edits and the final product on assigned projects
- Shoot, edit and produce programming and projects as assigned
- Develop lines of communication and relationships with various 76ers departments including Brand and Creative, Corporate Partnerships, Activation, Sales, Public Relations and more to ensure efficient execution of projects
- Lead/assist in the development and execution of content to support new business opportunities and proposals
- Execute programming as appropriate that reflects the 76ers's overall objectives and initiatives
- Conduct regular informal employee performance feedback sessions with assigned personnel to encourage short and long-term employee development
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, nights, weekends and holidays
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Television/Film Production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications and/or related area of study
- Minimum five years in the television and/or digital and/or film production industry with prior staff management experience
- Production experience should include single and multi-camera field production and all phases of post-production, as well as developing program content, formulating show budgets, generating creative treatments, organizing show rundowns, script writing and line-producing for a wide variety of programming
- Experience in the different styles of single and multi-camera ENG shooting, lighting technique, interviewing and editing of feature material
- Familiarity with the following production systems and/or technical equipment: digital non-linear video editing, nonlinear audio editing and computer graphics.
- Solid computer skills
- Familiarity with advancing and emerging technologies and techniques related to television production
- Sports production background preferred, experience with the game of basketball a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.