WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for implementing the social media strategy
and managing and overseeing all Philadelphia 76ers social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and more. This professional will help create, develop, produce and distribute engaging digital and social content and activations. This professional must obtain a passion for and comprehensive understanding of the NBA landscape. They must also have an enthusiasm for popculture, sports, entertainment, music, and the ability to develop ideas that excite consumers through narrative content across all digital formats is essential. Alongside the Director, Social Media and Director, Content Strategy, they will create and implement social media campaigns, measure performance and improve results. This position must establish relationships with appropriate personnel in various internal departments including Brand and Creative, Public Relations, Basketball Operations, Corporate Partnerships, Activation, Growth Marketing and more, as well as other partners to ensure proper execution of projects. This role reports to the Director, Social Media and will support the strategic business objectives of the Philadelphia 76ers including the development, creation and distribution of sponsored and branded content, brand and fan development and more. Philadelphia 76ers, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day social media accounts of the 76ers and owned properties
- Manage the day-to-day social media voice for the 76ers’ official accounts on game days and non-game days
- Assist in the development and execution of standards for the voice and tone for major projects, including brand application, personality, usage, social media voice and tone, etc.
- Research, plan and propose tactics and strategy for social and digital campaigns across all platforms, including emerging platforms
- Develop strategy to grow performance based on KPIs
- Monitor and assess social media dashboards and reports to identify and address points for improvement
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, applications, best practices, strategy and innovation to stay relevant and effective
- Develop and implement effective and efficient processes for communication, review and approvals
- Develop and create content ideas to support partnership pitches and renewals with creative development
- Meet and execute contractual branded content requirements for partners
- Execute programming as appropriate that reflects the 76ers's overall objectives and initiatives
- Photography, digital video and editing skills are a plus
- Collaborate with the 76ers Sales and Partnerships teams to develop social and editorial campaigns to reach target audiences through organic and paid social media content, influencer campaigns, and media distribution
- Oversee, manage and grow team of Digital Coordinators, Designers and Associates
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, nights, weekends and holidays
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications and/or related area of study
- Minimum three years in social media and/or digital marketing
- Demonstrated understanding of the NBA and basketball landscape
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
- Snapchat, Twitch, TikTok, Pinterest, Tumblr, Weibo, etc.), their unique audiences, emerging platforms and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts
- Previous experience with NBA and basketball platforms and/or brands is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of analytics software, content management systems and SEO tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate “big ideas”
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills and interpersonal relations
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Copywriting experience preferred
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Outlook) are required; knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, video editing, HTML and CSS is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.