Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
Position Summary: The Philadelphia 76ers are seeking a highly talented social media manager that will help conceive, and bring to life, imaginative, engaging ideas and digital/social activations. This professional must obtain a passion for and comprehensive understanding of the NBA landscape. A thirst for pop-culture, sports, entertainment, music, and the ability to develop ideas that excite consumers through narrative content across all digital formats is essential. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Content Strategy and will support the strategic business objectives of the 76ers, its people, talent, owned properties, and partners by capitalizing on emerging trends in sports digital content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day social voice of the Sixers’ digital channels and owned properties
- Assist in the development and execution of standards for the voice and tone for major projects, including brand application, personality, usage, social media voice and tone, etc.
- Research, plan and propose tactics for social and digital campaigns across all platforms, including emerging platforms
- Develop strategy to grow 76ers following on all social platforms
- Cover home games and potential road contests, NBA Draft, Summer League, community and marketing events on all social platforms
- Photography, digital video and editing
- Assist in development and execution of digital sponsorship opportunities as well as monitor best practices and trends in digital partnership
- Have a strong visual eye to help guide the design process and direction
- Collaborate with the 76ers sales and partnerships teams to develop social and editorial campaigns to reach target audiences through organic (and paid) content, influencer campaigns, and media distribution
- Oversee, manager and grow team of digital coordinators, designers and associates
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Complete understanding of the NBA and basketball landscape
- Proficient understanding of how all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, TikTok, Pinterest, Tumblr, Weibo) and their communities work, including emerging platforms
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing cutting edge creative campaigns and websites with an emphasis on innovation
- Strong conceptual/strategic thinking
- Previous experience with NBA and basketball platforms is a plus
- Previous experience with brands is a plus
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate “big ideas”
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation skills
- Photography, digital video and editing skills are a plus
- Copywriting experience preferred
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) are required; knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, video editing, HTML and CSS is a plus
- May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to attend events taking place on weekends and/or holidays.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)