WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Senior Physical Therapist will be part of the Athlete Care team, assisting in the daily care of players from the Delaware Blue Coats and Philadelphia 76ers. A successful applicant will demonstrate exceptional levels of professionalism, team work, and a passion and commitment to learning. This position will report to the Medical Director.
- Provide Physical Therapy support including evaluation, treatment, injury risk management, and return to play programming both at the Delaware Blue Coats and Philadelphia 76ers according to departmental needs.
- Assist in the delivery of the performance, risk minimization, and health and wellness strategy of the department.
- Accurate and up to date record keeping of all player interactions according to professional standards and department policy
- Commitment and contribution to a culture of excellence through education, collaboration, feedback, and continual learning.
- Collaboration across departments within the franchise, and with external consultants as directed, including accompanying players to appointments.
- Work to deliver holistic care including supporting Strength and Conditioning staff, Athletic Training staff, Sports Scientists, and Massage Therapists.
- The collection, collation, analysis, and management of athlete screening and performance data.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters of Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
- Evidence of continuing education relevant to Sports Physical Therapy
- Additional qualifications or certifications relevant to Sports Physical Therapy such as SCS or working towards SCS
- Experience in basketball or a team sport setting
- Ability to obtain a Physical Therapy license in the relevant states of practice (including Delaware and New Jersey).
- Valid drivers license
- Will require own transport and ability to travel between practices, games, and other necessary appointments.
- Flexible hours including weekends, nights, and holidays.