Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Coordinator, Marketing Partnerships will support the Marketing Partnerships team in its goal of making the 76ers the most sponsor-friendly team and building in the world, while also bringing targeted marketing solutions and platforms to our partners. He or she will build and cultivate long-term relationships and demonstrate an ability to think broadly and strategically to offer and fulfill integrated business solutions to our clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supports the Director and Managers of Marketing Partnerships in managing and fulfilling sponsorship accounts
- Develops relationships with sponsors by managing the expectations of all contractual elements and also providing opportunities for added value
- Run sponsorship reports, draft meeting recaps and plan activations
- Manages and fulfills own portfolio of sponsorship accounts
- Plans, coordinates and executes sponsor events, including promotions, hospitality, community programs, media, and signage
- Monitors program effectiveness against partner objectives and KPIs
- Develops sponsorship proposals, recaps and renewals, with focus on sponsorship performance and renewal/upsell opportunities
- Proactively identifies opportunities to enhance activations assets, plans, and process to deliver partner results
- Maintains partner deliverable spreadsheets as well as significant contract items; i.e. termination rights, purchase obligations, etc.
- Partners with Corporate Sales department to ensure that inventory elements are properly incorporated into sponsorship packages
- Serves as a liaison with other departments on sponsored programs which include, but are not limited to, game presentation, community relations, ticketing, etc.
- Coordinates and leads Marketing Partnerships department data and analytics, including NHL reports, RepuCom, and partner and fan surveys
- Attends all home games to host sponsors and manage the execution of in-arena promotions as well as occasional departmental receptions or functions
- Performing all other duties as assigned
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience; sports administration or marketing preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in working with a sports team in a marketing or activations capacity
- Must be creative, analytical, highly organized with strong project management skills
- Superior customer service skills and customer focused mindset when interacting with clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills; written, verbal, and electronic with the ability to engage a wide variety of audiences
- Dynamic and analytical critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive and confidential information
- Time management skills regarding one’s own time and prioritize team tasks
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption
- May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position generally requires that work be performed in office and arena settings, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)