Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) owns and operates the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), New Jersey Devils (NHL), Prudential Center, Elevate Sports Ventures, GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, Delaware Blue Coats, Binghamton Devils, Sixers Innovation Lab, and renowned esports franchise, Team Dignitas.
Led by one of the industry’s most decorated and respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil, HBSE has attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sport industry.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment is looking to hire a Senior Director of Consumer Sales to lead the growth and development of the HBSE organizational sales leadership team consisting of four (4) ticket sales managers and their associated sales teams consisting of over 60 full-time sales executives responsible for the sale of HBSE ticketing products.
The Senior Director of Consumer Sales will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the HBSE organizational consumer sales program in addition to the creation, launch, and oversight of multiple new business sales initiatives.
*Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the HBSE organizational sales leadership team consisting of four (4) ticket sales managers and their associated sales teams consisting over 60 full-time sales executives
- Design and implement world-class recruiting platform aimed at identifying and acquiring top-tier talent
- Establish and maintain positive sales culture focused on people, development, commitment, hustle, and fun.
- Develop department business plan and organizational sales ongoing development programs
- Create, launch, and oversee the success of new business sales initiatives focused on new business acquisition across the HBSE portfolio of sports and entertainment properties
- Support growth of new sales revenue within full season, partial plan, group sales and premium sales
- Lead, motivate, develop, and retain organizational consumer sales staff for future succession and opportunity within HBSE
- Monitor, manage and evaluate department performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with leadership and sales staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development
- Work with other managers to develop strategic call campaigns, new sales packages and opportunities for new sales
- Develop and execute relationships with other departments including Creative, CRM, Game Operations, Community Development and the Arena
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Must have at least 4+ years of sales experience, with a proven record of consistently achieving sales goals/targets
- Must have at least 4+ years of sales leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in basic software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in Ticketmaster Archtics or similar ticketing software a plus
- Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, analytical and possess excellent interpersonal skills