WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Security Guard provides the 76ers training complex, its employees and visitors with a safe and secure environment. Officers will be expected to work irregular hours and interact with employees and members of the community in a professional and welcoming manner. Officers will be expected to learn the post orders and maintain vigilance and alertness to accomplish this task.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT AREN'T LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Learning and employing all post orders and standard operating procedures
- Monitoring of and operation of closed-circuit television equipment (CCTV)
- Conducting facility tours, and facility perimeter tours to assure a secure environment
- Screening vehicles that enter facility perimeter • Utilizing security screening equipment such as metal detecting wands, undercarriage mirrors and various other security related equipment
- Writing incident reports and making detailed entries in security logbooks
- Performing aviation ground safety functions as needed and as instructed
- All additional security related tasks as instructed by management
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Must be of good character and capable of passing a background investigation and drug screening
- 1 year of security experience preferred
- Physically capable of walking long distances, lifting equipment (fire extinguisher, equipment cases etc.) and standing for long hours
- Temperamentally suited to work irregular hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.