WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Widely regarded as one of the top ticket sales programs in the sports business, and currently ranked in "50 Best Companies to Sell For in 2021" by sellingpower.com, the Philadelphia 76ers Sales Associate program provides entry-level sports business executives with the opportunity to learn the business side of professional sports from the top leaders in the sports industry. With a focus on consistent training and development through personalized one-on-one coaching, the 76ers Sales Associate program will build the foundation needed for a long and successful career in the revenue-generating side of the sports business.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
- Sell a full menu of ticket products for the Philadelphia 76ers, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality packages.
- Make cold calls from lists of area companies provided to sell full and partial season ticket packages and group tickets
- Utilize social selling tools to generate new lead sources
- Proactively create opportunities for new business through up selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients.
- Contact past customers in order to generate new ticket sales.
- Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business and to meet excellent customer service requirements.
- Cordially and effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products.
- Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of the Wells Fargo Center to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships.
- Take advantage of out of office appointments to get face-to-face with prospective buyers
- Work different events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management or similar concentration.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Extremely coachable and eager to learn every day.
- Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.