WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Massage Therapy Associate is a critical position within the Philadelphia 76ers Athlete Care team, supporting the process of recovery and player medical treatment. A successful applicant will demonstrate exceptional levels of professionalism, team work, and a passion and commitment to learning. This position will report to the Medical Director.
- Collaborate in the design, implementation and evaluation of recovery process, injury prevention and rehabilitation process.
- Evaluate and address player’s soft tissue conditions and function as a continuation of the recovery process.
- Assess and treat player’s soft tissue conditions and function as a continuation of the rehabilitation plan as directed by the athlete care team.
- Identify and facilitate appropriate referral of players to AT/PT when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary working condition.
- Abide by professional and departmental policy in keeping accurate and up to date records.
- Commitment and contribution to a culture of excellence through education, collaboration, feedback, and continual learning.
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Have completed a recognized Massage Therapy training program and acquired appropriate certification (eg. MBLEx, CMT, NCBTMB, LMT).
- Trained in and/or experience in deep tissue massage
- Trained in and/or experience in Sports massage
- Experience in collegiate or professional level team sports, preferably basketball, is a plus
- Experience providing care within a multipdisciplinary sports performance setting is a plus
- Embrace a dynamic, changing, diversified workload including team travel
Special Position Requirements:
- Flexible hours, including nights, weeks, and holidays
- Ability to travel