WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships Activation will develop and implement custom oriented approaches designed to develop long lasting relationships with the local and national brands who are partners with the Philadelphia 76ers.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT AREN'T LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop strong corporate relationships with all external levels of the partnership through consistent touch points to better understand their KPIs and objectives and grow the partnership
- Onboard, maintain day-to-day contact, fulfillment, renewal and up sell of Philadelphia 76ers corporate partnership portfolio
- Manage and develop a direct report who will also be managing a portfolio of partners
- Proactively present ideas, opportunities and problem solve to help grow the business of each partner
- Project manages internally with a sense of urgency to plan, coordinate, and execute partner assets; including promotions, hospitality, community programs, media, and signage
- Manage partner CRM entries to ensure information is accurate and account information is up-to-date
- Create mid-season and/or year-end partnership recaps
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 3.5-5 years of relevant work experience; sports/event marketing and/or agency experience preferred
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Experience in client interaction, service-oriented mindset with relationship building skills
- Robust ability to engage in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills to engage with a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to be both coached and lead within a group and one-on-one setting
- Creative, analytical, highly organized with strong project management skills
- Solutions-oriented mentality; ability to problem solve
- High level of poise and professionalism
- Has uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Attend home games and special events
- Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.