Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Manager of Basketball Operations for the Delaware Blue Coats, the Philadelphia 76ers G League affiliate, will oversee day-to-day operation of the team while supporting the General Manager with front office duties. This role is best suited for someone who can balance multiple responsibilities and manage people well.
The position is based out of Wilmington, DE during the G League season (November – March), and Camden, NJ during the offseason (April – October).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage team logistics including scheduling, home facility use, and away-game travel and lodging
- Manage gameday attendants for home games
- Gather and submit team ticket and credential requests
- Act as the primary team contact for Nike, ordering and distributing team gear and equipment to players and staff
- Act as the primary contact for team-provided housing
- Coordinate with visiting teams to ensure seamless practice and game experience
- Support Blue Coats General Manager with G League and college scouting and intel collection
- Serve as the liaison between the Blue Coats coaching staff, front office, and players
- Oversee basketball operations expenses and submit monthly expense reports
- Request and distribute player and staff per diem for away games
- Aid in player transportation during 76ers pre-draft workouts
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with a college or professional team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
May be required to travel; trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
This position may be required to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and/or holidays.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)