WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Position Summary: The Junior Sous Chef is responsible for executing and assisting in all operational duties related to the kitchen.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Execute kitchen tasks to deliver meals to the 76ers players, coaches and basketball operations staff
- Ensure that meals served follows nutrition and culinary guidelines as communicated by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Supervise Line Cook and Dishwasher staff in daily kitchen duties, food safety/sanitation practices, and inventory management.
- Responsible for operational duties when Executive and Sous Chefs are not present.
- Assist in administrative and data-collection projects.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule – the position will be year-round, full-time.
- Stay informed in current developments in evidenced-based nutrition studies and foodservice trends.
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts, Nutrition, Dietetics, Health Science, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a sous chef or line cook in a restaurant, hotel, contract management, or banquet kitchen.
- Organizational aptitude and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Possess creativity, open-mindedness, desire to learn, understands and respects the nutrition needs of basketball athletes, and exemplifies cultural competency.
- Possess current ServSafe Management and Allergen Awareness certifications