WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Sixers Innovation Lab, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
This HR/Payroll Risk & Compliance manager will be an integral team member responsible for overseeing compliance & risk management for the human resources & payroll department across all HBSE properties, in partnership with HR & Payroll department leaders. This position will be responsible for managing companywide audits as well is implementing new processes & procedures in alignment with federal, state, & local regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Build and manage monthly and annual audit plans to ensure compliance across all human resources & payroll functions
- Lead Annual HR Audits (i.e., Federal EEO-1, NJ EEO, 401K NDT, FSA NDT, 5500, BLS, OSHA, etc.)
- Lead Payroll Auditing; holiday pay, union CBA requirements, time & attendance, tax audits, etc.
- Manage ongoing Health Benefit & 401K audits to ensure accurate eligibility, premium deductions, VPDI set up & data mapping compliance, pursuant to all plan documents.
- Reconcile & audit monthly benefit invoices to ensure accuracy & any opportunities for credits
- Complete internal audits on quarterly basis for all Employee Personnel Files (i.e., I9s, offer letters, promotion letters, etc.)
- Lead Compliance & Risk Management for FLSA, Wage & Hour, FMLA, NJFLA, & ACA regulations
- Partner with HR Ops team on HRIS data standards and purging activities
- Implement proactive reviews & processes to streamline all annual and ad hoc audits
- HR Risk & Compliance Manager will be an integral team member working with HR & Payroll on policy, process, and system owners to manage complex pay, time and attendance requirements, controls, and risk issues
- Researching legal & compliance regulatory obligations, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis, and developing and leading remediation plans to mitigate risk
- Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues
- Draft written SOPs to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders
- Consult on supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes
- Provide support on any other HR & Payroll risk and compliance related issues & projects as needed
- 4+ years of experience in an HR, Payroll, compliance, or risk management role
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced Degree is a plus
- The successful candidate is highly organized, ably builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations/conclusions verbally and written
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Work, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary, sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
- A strong research background and be an “out-of-the-box-thinker”
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel occasionally (<10-20% travel); trips may require travel between NJ based offices, air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- Ability to travel between NJ office locations 10-20% of the time as needed
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment: This position primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend events that may take place on weekends and holidays.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13+ Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.