Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
In an age of constant communication, what’s the fun of Tweeting at your favorite team without a response? Let alone, having your issue resolved by customer service after you’ve shared your less-than-perfect experience with a brand? The Social Strategy Analyst will fill the crucial role of community management for HBSE’s brands – Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils, and Prudential Center – connecting fans with service departments, sales, and the Content teams in order to provide an optimal fan experience.
The Social Strategy Analyst will work in the Digital Marketing and Fan Insights department that specializes in driving audience engagement across email, web, app, and paid marketing. They will drive data-driven content for each brand through insights and recommendations. In addition to the Content teams, the Analyst will collaborate regularly with the Business Solutions team and Creative Strategist to analyze content performance and identify successful campaigns to sell through to partners. They will be the in-house expert on our social audiences, as well as social trends across the sports and entertainment industry and beyond.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage responses and mentions from our brands’ social communities so fans are responded to when appropriate, and the Content team is flagged when there is a notable response opportunity
- Identify super-fans by social engagement and micro-influencers the brand can leverage
- Grow the fanbases of our brands’ social accounts and the engagement with our content
- Deliver insights and recommendations on recent content performance to the Content team on a regular basis in order to drive future strategies
- Provide channel strategies to the Content team that inform future content series’ in accordance with social media trends and best practices
- Track and report on content performance to the Partnership and Activation teams and identify opportunities for new products to include in future Partnership pitches and partner activations
- Identify and explore new platforms as they enter the marketplace, providing the organization with a game plan for entry and engagement
- Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays around games and events
- Enthusiasm to roll up their sleeves when demand is high
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
- 1-2 years of relevant social media marketing experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok
- Strong copywriting skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of social trends and best practices
- Ability to pull and analyze performance data
- Experience with social listening tools and writing queries
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams in different locations
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles; works well under pressure
- Deck building and presentation skills desired (PowerPoint, Keynote)
Regular commute between Newark and Camden offices.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)