Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
Looking for outgoing, motivated, and professional candidates to assist with game day needs such as coordination and execution of all on-court games, promotions, and entertainment in addition to set-up, breakdown, and organizing promotional items. Game Presentation is the execution arm of Group Sales, Corporate Partnership, Ticket Sales, Brand Marketing, Community and Entertainment Groups. This position will begin November 2018 and conclude in April 2019.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The primary responsibility of the Game Presentation Crew is to execute promotions and games on court and in-arena. Responsibilities also include:
- Responsible for the execution of setting up and breaking down all on-court and in-arena promotions
- Coordinating with all internal/external groups that participate in on-court presentations, promotions and/or activities
- Assist in the execution of pre-game/halftime/post-game fan activities and promotions
- Act as an entertainment support system to encourage fan engagement
- Create enthusiastic, energetic, and positive game environment and fan interaction
- Assist in the various elements associated with the game presentation and entertainment such as Mascot and In-Arena Hosts
- Fan interactive elements including selection of contestants for on-court games
- Assist in keeping all game day props and operational materials organized, in good condition and stored appropriately after each game
- Ensure all equipment is set up for game day staff, stats crew, and NBA officials
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Game Presentation Coordinator
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be available to work all Blue Coats home games (including playoffs)
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work days, nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- Strong work ethic
- Must be punctual
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Must be available for at least 25 hours a week
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Be able to work well in a team environment
- Eagerness to learn
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
This position may be required to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and/or holidays.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)