Job Description Job Title: Financial Analyst
Department: Finance and Accounting
Reports To: Senior Manager, Finance
Prudential Center is a world-class sports and entertainment venue located in downtown Newark, New Jersey. Opened in October 2007, the state-of-the-art arena is the home of the National Hockey League’s (NHL) three-time Stanley Cup Champion New Jersey Devils, Seton Hall University’s NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball program, and more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events each year. Ranked in the Top 10 nationally by Pollstar, Billboard and Venues Today, Prudential Center is recognized as one of the premier venues in the United States and around the world, and welcomes 1.75 million guests annually.
Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils are seeking a Financial Analyst who will play an integral part of our Finance team as our business continues to grow into a world-class sports and entertainment company. The position will focus on building reports and financial modeling for the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center Arena. The individual must be a self-starter and assist the department in delivering high quality analysis to support upper management’s decision-making.
Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with multiple departments to monitor monthly financial expenses and provide financial analysis to key decision makers
- Create financial models and sensitivity analyses for strategic initiatives
- Perform periodic reforecasting of departmental expenses
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting of data through our accounting system, including analysis to meet league specific reporting requirements
- Work on annual company-wide budgeting process
- Perform monthly and quarterly commissions calculations and liaise with sales departments
- Maintain weekly cash flow forecast by monitoring and reporting bank activity
- Review and approve departmental expenses using company’s accounts payable platform
- Prepare journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations as part of month-end close process
- Reconcile large datasets between accounting system and ticketing system
- Ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills such as Lookups, Sumifs, and Pivot Tables; VBA & Macros a plus
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, and analytical
- Able to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and deliver within tight deadlines
- Solutions based self-starter who is proactive at informing managers of issues as they arise and seeking out opportunities to help the team accomplish their goals.
- High level of attention to detail and dependability with accurate and timely reporting
- Comfortable and capable of working with all levels of management
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Experience with F9 Financial Reporting, Dynamics SL, or Archtics Ticketing preferred, but not necessary
- Eager to learn with a team mindset
- None required
- CPA or MBA is a plus