Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
Philadelphia 76ers are seeking a Finance Associate who will play an integral part of our team as our business continues to grow into a world-class sports and entertainment company. The position will focus on general support of all functions of accounting and finance for the Philadelphia 76ers which includes but is not limited to accounting, reporting and financial compliance. The individual must be a energetic and eager to learn as roles within our company are dynamic and immersive. There is excellent growth opportunity for the right team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist senior accounting personnel with any tasks conducted within the accounting/finance department, or any tasks that require accounting personnel to take part
- Keep a thorough record of all company charges/transactions as necessary
- Assist with general accounting responsibilities. Responsibilities may include recording journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis, etc.
- Research and provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Support team with periodic reforecasting of departmental expenses review and template maintenance
- Assist with financial reporting, including revenue and cost analysis, budgeting/forecasting, etc.
- Provide support to team for external audits (league related, year-end, etc.)
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office products; Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must. Ex./ Working knowledge of: Lookups, Sumifs, and Pivot Tables, etc.
- Basic accounting knowledge and a solid understanding of financial statements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, and analytical
- Able to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and deliver within tight deadlines
- Must be energetic and eager to learn with a team mindset
- Must be accurate and efficient, with the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Maintain professionalism and be comfortable and capable of working with all levels of management
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- None required
- CPA or MBA is a plus
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Philadelphia 76ers LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).