Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
HBSE is seeking a dynamic individual to lead the Sixers Youth Foundation and Wilt Chamberlain Foundation, while building the brand and extending its impact within the Philadelphia/Camden communities. In this role, you will lead the day-to-day operations and have direct oversight over fundraising and event strategy, financial budgeting and planning, partnership development and community engagement. Additionally, you will develop and execute fully integrated programming designed to provide significant engagement in Philadelphia/Camden communities through sports and entertainment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Articulate and promote the mission and values of the Sixers Youth Foundation and Wilt Chamberlain Foundations; heighten brand awareness and expand outreach within the community
- Play a pivotal role in the fiscal and program success while at the same time helping to shape public issues, enliven and inform public debate and convene community leaders on matters of public concern
- Play a key operational role in designing signature fundraising programs and components; lead fundraising activities and provide day-to-day direction
- Provide internal and external organization leadership and management
- Handle the grant submission & review process; provide consultation to Board of Directors for grant recipients, and handle allocation of funds to grant recipients
- Build support and constructive relationships with Board members, community leaders and sponsorship clientele; implement development strategies to continually engage Board members and other constituents
- Lead special events including, but not limited to an annual gala, game night events, employee volunteer projects and other special events
- Collaborate with the Community Relations team as they continue to develop and expand employee strategies around giving back.
- Plan and organize special programs year-round to maintain Foundation involvement and impact within the community
- Provide day-to-day management of the Foundation, including financial planning, operations, marketing communications, and social media presence
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- B.A., at minimum; JD or advanced degree preferred
- At least 8 years of demonstrated success and current senior level responsibility with corporate experience
- Strong track record in mobilizing high impact community volunteers to engage in fundraising efforts, as well as other leadership activities in support of the Foundation’s mission.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse spectrum of stakeholders, and to influence leaders in the private, public, and non-profit sectors
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills with the ability to serve as a strong external voice for the Foundation and its work
- Strong leadership, analytical, and strategic partnership skills, including evidence of ability to work across organizational boundaries to achieve results in a manner that supports collaboration and inclusiveness
- Demonstrate excellence in communications - written and verbal; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in high energy, ambitious environment
- Understanding and willingness to work nights and weekends due to live event schedule
- Highly collaborative style; positive attitude; dedication to continuous improvement and strong work ethic grounded in honesty and integrity
Travel Requirements: Ability to work events and games which require nights and weekends
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Work Environment: May be expected to work events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays