WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Position Summary: The Director, Social Media is responsible for brand and fan development as well as sponsorship fulfillment through social media. Alongside the Director, Content Strategy and Director, Data and Analytics, this professional will build an effective social media strategy. They will identify key performance indicators, target customers, and set clear objectives for the social media team. They will create and implement social media campaigns, measure performance, and improve results. This position must establish relationships with appropriate personnel in various 76ers departments including Brand and Creative, Public Relations, Basketball Operations, Corporate Partnerships, Activation, Strategy and more, as well as other partners to ensure proper execution of projects. The Director, Social Media must also mentor, grow and assist in the development of social media staff to continuously improve and develop the team and product quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and drive short-term and long-term social media growth strategy
- Design, implement and manage social media campaigns integrated into the company's strategic marketing plans
- Create, curate and manage social media content, including text, audio, visual and multimedia formats
- Monitor and assess social media dashboards and reports to identify and address points for improvement
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, applications, best practices, strategy and innovation to stay relevant and effective
- Create comprehensive marketing plans to boost brand image, increase engagement and improve conversions
- Hire, supervise, develop, and manager the social media staff to achieve social media objectives
- Develop and implement effective and efficient processes for communication, review and approvals
- Track social media campaigns' key performance metrics to maximize results and report progress
- Develop and create content ideas to support partnership pitches and renewals with creative development
- Meet and execute contractual branded content requirements for partners
- Execute programming as appropriate that reflects the 76ers's overall objectives and initiatives
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, nights, weekends and holidays
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications and/or related area of study
- Minimum five years in social media and/or digital marketing
- Must have a minimum of 3 years managing/developing and training a social media team.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms, their unique audiences and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts
- In-depth knowledge of branded content and digital media
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and interpersonal relations
- In-depth knowledge of analytics software, content management systems and SEO tools
- Sports marketing background preferred, experience with the game of basketball a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.