ABOUT HARRIS BLITZER SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT (HBSE):
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) owns and operates the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), New Jersey Devils (NHL), Prudential Center, GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, Delaware Blue Coats, Binghamton Devils, Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise, Team Dignitas.
Led by one of the industry’s most decorated and well-respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil, HBSE has attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sport industry.
The Philadelphia 76ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment are looking to hire a Director of Ticket Sales to supervise the growth and development of a team of senior-level Account Executives while leading the strategy and execution of all 76ers new business ticket sales. As Director of Ticket Sales, you will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the senior-level sales team in addition to the creation, launch, and oversight of multiple new business sales initiatives.
*Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create, launch, and lead the success of new business ticket sales initiatives
- Support growth of new sales revenue within full season, partial plan, group sales and premium sales
- Lead, motivate, develop, and retain Account Executive staff for future succession and opportunity within HBSE
- Monitor, manage and evaluate Account Executive staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with your team with appropriate feedback and direction for development
- Responsible for on-sale of all new business ticket sales products; including, but not limited to: timeline, e-marketing campaigns, in-game and external marketing integration, inventory management, and online activation
- Develop department business plan, training strategy, scripts, policies and procedures
- Work with other managers to develop strategic call campaigns, new sales packages and opportunities for new sales that drive incremental revenue opportunities
- Develop and execute relationships with other departments including Creative, CRM, Game Operations, CRM, Community Development and the Arena
- Resolve seating problems/concerns/issues related to new sales
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- 3+ years of sales experience, with a consistent track record of achieving sales goals/targets
- 2+ years of management experience; with 2 years managing multiple direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Sport Management preferred
- Proficiency in basic software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in Paciolan, DSA, Archtics or similar ticketing software a plus
- Exemplary organization, creativity , enthusiasm, analytical and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work events and games which require nights and weekends
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be expected to work events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays