WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Director, Corporate Partnerships Activation will oversee the day to day responsibilities of the Corporate Partnerships Activation department and will manage select corporate partner relationships of the Philadelphia 76ers. In collaboration with the Vice President of Corporate Partnerships Activation, this role will execute the tactics to grow the portfolio of our corporate partners through strategic renewals and upsells as well as the growth and development of the Activation team.
- Directly oversee the day to day of the Partnership Activation team as they manage assigned partner portfolio with overall goal to maintain and grow corporate partner relationships
- Serve as a leadership presence in building relationships and during renewal or upsell of 76ers existing corporate partner deals within overall portfolio
- Creating, implementing, and inspecting tracking via KORE to ensure all contractual elements are delivered each season, this will include reporting
- Lead liaison with internal departments to facilitate and ensure accuracy of all partner element activation
Enhance current partner onboarding process and yearlong touchpoint plan
Coach, develop and train current staff through the following but not limited to:
- One-on-ones, celebrating wins, training and development huddles
- Ideate with team members to present ideas and opportunities to help grow the business of each corporate partner by keeping up-to-date with the goals, objectives and competition of each corporate partner
- Resource to troubleshoot problems in real time
- Ensuring all processes are followed and contractual elements are executed
- Maintains day-to-day contact, fulfillment and renewal of a select number of key Philadelphia 76ers corporate partners within the overall portfolio
- Develop corporate relationships by exceeding and managing expectations of all contractual elements
- Manage contractual fulfillment and create opportunities for added value and incremental revenue
- Collaborate with Partnership Solutions team to set up department structures for autographed inventory, merchandise, VIP ticketing for game day experiences, player appearances, and more
- Works with VP, Corporate Partnership Activation to strategize budgets, execute internal reporting, and presentations for senior leadership.
- Manage the 76ers relationship with external media partners
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pursue excellence; ensures goals are met and high level standards are upheld
- Customer service and relationship building oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to coach, interact, manage, and lead team and business associates in order to implement events, promotions and other related activities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-thru, coachable and sense of urgency
- Is proactive and productive; recognizes opportunity to put procedures into practice to achieve job efficiencies
- Excellent writing, presentation, analytical skills and executive presence
- Must be able to identify and address issues or problems which may arise during relationship/partnership; solutions-oriented mentality
- Has uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information
- Comprehends and respects budgets
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the area of client servicing, client relations, promotions, event marketing, agency, media, sponsorship or sales
- Experience with account management and the planning and execution of strategic marketing programs
- Proven track record of managing
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.