The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Philadelphia 76ers are seeking a Data Architect. Candidate will need 3-5 years, or relevant course experience administering data pipelines and ETL processes. Candidate will partner with the Analytics, Sales, and, Digital Marketing departments in order to effectively manage the data available for teams to act on. Candidate will also create core data products and visualizations to ensure that relevant stakeholders are kept up to date on pacing towards organizational goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, maintain, and modify data integration and pipelines used by Digital Marketing, Analytics, and CRM teams that fall outside day to day data warehouse operations (i.e. Stubhub listings, social media data, vendor data transfers, SFTP operations)
- Establish framework and strategy for business analytics data lake operations
- Determine critical data elements to develop and append to existing data sources to gain deep insights into business processes.
- Create customized views, metrics, and targeted customer lists via Snowflake to execute and monitor business strategies
- Develop data products and dashboards to deliver KPI to relevant stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements to data products and pipelines
- Research new technologies and data governance best practices to constantly evolve application framework.
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience working with data using SQL or similar technology
- 2+ years of experience using a data integration platform or programming language for moving data (e.g. Python)
- Ability to translate real world situations into data models
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, and well organized.
- Must possess outstanding problem-solving capabilities to address and resolve issues
Special Position Requirements:
- May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend events that may take place on weekends and holidays.
Philadelphia 76ers, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.