Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
The Coordinator of Team Security will support the Director of Team Security in all security matters related to the team and organization, including during NBA and/or team sanctioned games, events and related activities while traveling, at Wells Fargo Center, the greater Philadelphia community and beyond.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing and maintaining an overall safe and secure environment for players and all personnel associated with the Philadelphia 76ers (e.g., coaches, front office and support staff).
- Providing security for the team during road trips; including on various modes of transportation (e.g., airplanes and buses) and while staying in hotels.
- Execute operational plans of action and security processes implemented by the Director of Team Security for all players attending scheduled appearances/events.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with NBA/Arena Security personnel both home and away to ensure that all security staff provide for the needs of the team appropriately.
- Overseeing security at the team’s practice facility in conjunction with the corporate facility security group.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and evaluating potential threats to the team, its personnel, the facilities and cities it visits.
- Notifying Director of Team Security and team management of threats and risks, recommending response and mitigation measures where applicable.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with law enforcement authorities in home and visiting cities.
- Coordinating with transportation and lodging providers regarding security issues and measures on road trips.
- Ensuring the team complies with league security standards and any other applicable standards and laws pertaining to security.
- Communicating to and with the appropriate professional sports franchise personnel, including players, regarding security processes, procedures, and awareness
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Minimum 7 years law enforcement or executive security experience
- Federal law enforcement agency experience a plus
- Prior experience providing security for a professional sports franchise is highly desirable
- Skilled at building positive, professional relationships both inside and outside of the organization
- Proven to perform well under pressure; manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to organizational needs
- Ability to communicate, motivate, and lead effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and act with diplomacy and discretion
- Must have a passport and be able to travel internationally
- Proficiency with basic business software programs, i.e., Microsoft Office suite, and tools related to this specific role
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check, drug test, and have clean driving record
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and Holidays
- Be on call 24/7 to respond to all security related matters both home and away.
- Position will be required to stand and be on feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional lifting of heavier objects up to 35 lbs. necessary when setting up and breaking down.
- Able to investigate all security related incidents and submit a written report as needed.
Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment and all its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)