WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships Activation will lead the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center in our goal of becoming the most sponsor-friendly building in the world, while also bringing targeted, exciting experiential marketing platforms to our partners. The Senior Manager’s responsibilities are directly related to the management and general business operations of the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center, as he or she will build and cultivate long-term relationships and demonstrate an ability to think broadly and strategically to offer and fulfill integrated business solutions to our clients. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for managing two Coordinators who are responsible for activating partnerships of their own.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and fulfilling sponsorship accounts;
- Managing two Coordinators, and the fulfillment of their sponsorship accounts;
- Planning, coordinating and executing sponsor events, including promotions, hospitality, community programs, media, and signage;
- Monitoring program effectiveness against partner objectives and KPIs;
- Creating sponsorship proposals, recaps and renewals, with focus on sponsorship performance and renewal/upsell opportunities
- Proactively identifying opportunities to enhance activation assets, plans, and process to deliver partner results;
- Maintaining partner deliverables, as well as significant contract items, i.e. termination rights, purchase obligations, etc. in Kore
- Developing relationships at the highest levels with both sponsors and media partners;
- Developing and enhancing corporate relationships by exceeding and managing the expectations of all contractual elements and providing opportunities for added value;
- Presenting targeted and customized ideas and opportunities to help grow the business of each corporate partner by keeping current with goals, objectives and the competitive corporate landscape in the market;
- Partnering with the Corporate Sales department to ensure that inventory elements are properly incorporated into sponsorship packages;
- Serving as a liaison with other departments on sponsored programs which include, but are not limited to game presentation, community relations, ticketing, etc.
- Attending all home games to host sponsors and manage the execution of in-arena promotions as well as occasional departmental receptions or functions;
- Managing department-wide programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, the activation of sponsorships for owned events, such as the Never Forget Tribute Classic and sponsorship networking programs;
- Assist the Director, Corporate Partnerships Activation in leading departmental priorities, including revenue growth through current sponsors, driving internal business priorities through sponsorship activations, renewing sponsors, and providing world-class service to clients
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience of partnership/sponsorship activity
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Must be creative, strategic, highly organized with strong project management skills
- Superior customer service
- Experience in sports and entertainment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm;
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must possess a strong research background and be an “out-of-the-box-thinker”;
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
- Must possess outstanding problem-solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must be a flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
- May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.