WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for generating sponsorships across all of the HBSE properties. The Senior Director will partner and work closely with key individuals in regards to sponsorships for HBSE. He or she will work closely with the Corporate and Marketing Partnerships teams, organization departments, as well as other staff as needed.
The candidate selected into this key role will have a proven track record as a revenue generator and for selling successful partnerships as well as consistently securing seven-figure investments. He or she already has an established reputation and track record of success, gained with any combination of major brands, teams or agencies and is now looking to further enhance their reputation with one of the leading sports and entertainment companies in the world.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Renowned solution selling pedigree
- Ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams from multiple business units to accomplish the goals of the company
- High energy, excellent communicator, engaging, entrepreneurial and has a roll-up-sleeves mentality
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of revenue generation partnership sales experience with a professional team, league, media or entertainment organization
- Expertise in developing and selling partnership platforms
- A track record of driving revenue growth for major events (e.g. entertainment or sports events)
- Known throughout the industry for their poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts
- Newark, NJ is home base. Travel to Camden, NJ depending on business needs. Must also travel for other offsite events, client meetings, etc.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be expected to work events that may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.