Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The Senior Director, Arena Operations & Engineering will lead the day-to-day operations of Prudential Center. He/she will lead all Prudential Center capital improvements and be responsible for developing and executing his/her department’s business plan and budget. He/she will be responsible for leading and managing a high-performing team that supports the company’s mission of recruiting and developing the most talented executives to create the best place to work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the day-to-day operations across all Prudential Center facilities in the areas of operations, engineering, office services, loading deck conversions, ice, recycling/sustainability and 3rd parties.
- Lead the management of the preventative maintenance program for all facility equipment including but not limited to HVAC, computer controls, lighting systems, sprinkler and fire safety systems and energy management systems within the facility.
- Lead the management of capital improvement projects and ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Lead all energy management efforts and work to implement energy savings across the facilities.
- Drive the identification of best practices that can be implemented across Prudential Center to ensure all is operating at a world-class level.
- Develop and manage arena operations business plan and budget.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the venue's work plan; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; review and evaluate work methods and procedures.
- Recruit, evaluate and develop department members and commit to the betterment of the department and company culture.
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Operations Management or Facilities Management
- Minimum 10 years of prior management experience in facility operations with direct responsibility for supervising/directing staff across a wide-ranging of operating functions in a fast-paced environment
- 5 years’ experience leading and directing with HVAC, Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, and Laborers.
- 5 years’ experience working with pneumatic controls, cooling towers, centrifugal pumps, evaporator condenser, recirculation equipment, elevators and escalators.
- Strong conceptual and strategic skills and ability to work with and thoroughly understand all functional areas involved in managing a multi-million sports and entertainment facility
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) and manage a unionized workforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead, delegate and multi-task in active environment
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and reporting requirements, including OSHA and other safety-related regulations.
- Possess and/or acquire a thorough knowledge of Department and County policies and a working knowledge of applicable City policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.