WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils are seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to support in all elements of New Jersey Devils Marketing. This position will require the highest level of organization, creativity, and willingness to take risks to help the team and organization drive revenue and brand awareness.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Marketing lead for Devils Group Sales, supporting all lead generation, engagement, and direct sales initiatives
- Marketing lead for Devils Member Services, supporting all engagement and retention initiatives
- Marketing lead for all growth of the game initiatives inclusive of Devils Hockey Academy initiatives and RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House programming
- Manage key marketing led, cross departmental, projects to keep them on time, budget, and on target
- Plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns which support youth marketing and mascot program
- Develop and execute integrated marketing plans to maximize merchandise and food and beverage ancillary game day revenue
- Maximize all internal media assets, including scoreboard, newjerseydevils.com, emails, social media, etc. to drive revenue and registration for programs inclusive of maintaining master schedule and trafficking all promotional assets
- Develop and maintain relationships with media and other strategic partners to maximize in-market reach
- Manage recurring digital communication schedule such as the NJD Weekly Newsletter
- Support in the development and execution of promotional plans to support tune-in for Devils game
- broadcasts on television and radio as well as Devils Content (njd.TV)
- Support in the planning and execution of integrated marketing campaigns which support all ticket products and database growth initiatives such as sweepstakes
- Support in Devils brand oversight as it relates to creative assets and copy
- Other tasks and projects as business dictates and requires
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience, working in a marketing and promotions or account management role
- High communication proficiency and ability to manage internal and external client relationships
- Project management experience with the ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments, prioritizes effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Experience writing copy for marketing assets and external brand communications
- Proactive planner with a sense of urgency, creativity, style and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend events that may take place on weekends and holidays.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.