In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers organization is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. The 76ers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the sports industry. The 76ers offer a best-in-class workplace culture built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The NHL’s New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center, a world-class sports and entertainment venue located in downtown Newark, New Jersey, are seeking a Manager, Corporate Communications to lead public relations efforts and publicity related to New Jersey Devils off-the-ice initiatives, corporate. This individual will be essential in managing day-to-day communications operations between regional, national and industry-focused media associated with the Prudential Center’s live events, sports programming, and entertainment properties in the HBSE portfolio.
The ideal candidate will develop strategic, earned media driven communications plans, with a focus on digital, social and traditional media partnerships, which drive content distribution, brand awareness, key business marketing initiatives and ticket sales for the New Jersey Devils corporate business. This position will also work across all departmental verticals in the organization to drive efficiency to help promote business, community endeavors and organizational engagement. The candidate must be able to work with key stakeholders across all levels, thrive in scheduling and communication, and be willing to work in a team environment.
These efforts include coordination between media; Devils Executives, representatives of sponsors, PR agencies in. Experience in crafting press plans, drafting press releases and media advisories, as well as experience in live event or sports publicity is favored. Role will hold traditional business hours and be responsible for attending and supporting all live events from pre-event to close.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Drive communications efforts across business, community and hockey platforms. Develop, execute, and assist in crafting earned-media focused communications strategy for New Jersey Devils corporate communications and off-ice business initiatives, including Business Success, Executive Interviews, Charitable Endeavors and outreach (including the Devils Youth Foundation), Marketing Themes, Grassroots Events, Sponsorship Announcements, Special Events and more.
- Owns established PR contacts in the hockey business, sports business, NJ/NYC business, and entertainment, level- both locally and nationally. Continue to build and develop strong relationships with those media contacts to deliver communications plans and results that drive awareness for events and highlight the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center business brands.
- Leverage a variety of media platforms to create awareness to business sponsorships, sponsorship activations, community initiatives and off-ice hockey elements for the New Jersey Devils.
- Proactively identify and pitch media opportunities to relevant local, regional and national sports/sports industry, business, consumer, entertainment and lifestyle outlets.
- Write and edit internal and external communications, including PR plans, press releases, marketing materials, talking points, executive documents/bios, scripts, award submissions, etc. Work with external PR as necessary.
- Work closely with marketing and business departments develop and pitch storylines associated with core company focuses and create sharable content that drives the business and represents best in class.
- Hold Executive Communications Training Sessions to train and prepare executives for speaking engagements and press opportunities.
- Work with corporate partnerships, premium sales and season ticket member groups on PR to maximize interest, impact, and sales metrics.
- Work with content team on executing all internal asks – content, sponsor, partner, fan, sales, etc. Communicate to content team all external media we would like to highlight
- Formally create storylines/support publicity around non-hockey business for the Devils and at the Prudential Center- concerts, family shows, college sports programming, community events, private bookings and more.
- Work with Prudential Center Entertainment Communications on supporting Prudential Center building communications and with other HBSE projects.
- Secure and manage event staff for press conferences; Coordinate, communicate and manage event media coverage in collaboration with Live Event Marketing and Operations Teams.
- Generate detailed earned-media and social media recaps, media sentiment reports and engagement recaps following publicity campaigns for internal distribution and partner evaluation.
- Support New Jersey Devils Hockey Communications and Prudential Center Entertainment Communications endeavors as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent is required; preferably in Public Relations or Communications, Marketing.
- 2-3 years of strong communications experience, preferably in sports business/team, venue entertainment and events, agency, marketing/PR firm or sports and entertainment entity.
- Experience working with corporate PR staffs/executives/talent/athletes/management a plus.
- Strong working relationships with New Jersey and New York-based media outlets across multiple platforms is a plus.
- Must have the expert ability to write, edit, develop content and provide guidance for the development of a range of communication and marketing materials.
- Must have the outstanding ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Must have knowledge about, and appreciation for the sports business industry, entertainment, lifestyle, pop culture.
- Must have outstanding planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects, while continuously meeting tight deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in project scope and timelines, and make adjustments as needed.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to handle a variety of responsibilities by taking initiative.
- Must possess stellar communication skills both written and orally, with the ability to communicate complex information internally and externally.
- Must be a reliable and flexible team player with a friendly and professional attitude.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to travel for industry events as needed
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13+ Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.