WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Utica Comets, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to operate and drive the truck that tows the Devils Mobile Experience trailer to and from all scheduled appearances throughout the tri-state.
The Devils Mobile Experience, a 24-foot trailer (6 tires, 9,000lbs, Ford 350 Super Duty), is an NHL interactive experience for kids and adults alike which will activate at various community appearances, private parties, youth sporting events and fairs all throughout the tri-state. Outside of the trailer will be other interactive games along with tents for marketing partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the Ford 350 that tows the Devils Mobile Experience trailer to and from all scheduled appearances throughout the tri-state.
- Assist with set-up and break down of trailer and activation.
- Greet and engage employees, clients, vendors and guests.
- Drivers are required to work their full shift, stay with the truck and trailer during the entire event, and are not permitted to leave the designated area unless specifically authorized by manager.
- Inspect truck and trailer at start and finish of shift.
- Complete vehicle maintenance at start of shift and end of shift.
- Complete vehicle log form.
- Check the owner’s card and insurance information are valid and up to date
- Operate truck by applying brakes, starting and stopping engine.
- Securely hook up trailer to F350 truck prior to each trip and disconnect upon arrival at each event
- Drive routine route and stops as scheduled.
- Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
- Follow state and federal transit regulations.
- Driver and passengers must wear seatbelts and follow state and federal rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Must have a valid New Jersey State Driver’s License. Commercial Driver’s License, preferred.
- Must be available to work select weekdays & weekends pending Mobile Tour Schedule
- Strong oral and written communications skills and reading skills. Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
- Must have a customer-focused, positive and professional attitude
- Will be required to lift, push and carry a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Ability to read a map or program a GPS device, must demonstrate a good sense of direction and familiarity with the general area/region and which roadways permit Trailer to be on it
- Must demonstrate and have knowledge of state and federal road and transit regulations
- Background & MVC Test Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.