WHO WE ARE
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
Account Executive, Group Events
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Reports: Manager, Group Events
Location: Prudential Center (Newark, NJ)
HBSE seeks a self-starter who will be responsible for generating group sales revenue and managing existing ticket sales accounts. With a primary focus on driving group sales revenue for the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL), it will be the Account Executive’s responsibility to develop strong relationships with group leaders within the greater New York and Northern New Jersey markets.
Widely regarded as one of the top ticket sales programs in the sports business, the HBSE Account Executive, Group Events position provides sports business executives with the opportunity to learn the business side of professional sports from the top leaders in the sports industry.
- Generating new ticket sales through cold calling, networking, and face-to-face appointments
- Sell a full-menu of HBSE product offerings with a focus on New Jersey Devils group events
- Work New Jersey Devils home games at Prudential Center to host new business prospects and established clients
- Develop and maintain good-working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Prospect and cultivate new sales leads through creative lead generation approaches
- Meet and exceed established monthly and annual sales objectives and revenue goals
- Identify business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, proactively soliciting and following-up on any sales leads and representing the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers at assigned functions
- Ensure customer data and profile requirements are accurately and completely detailed for defined accounts in CRM system
- Work assigned sales, promotional and team events during games and outside normal business hours
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of one (1) years of professional experience in sports or entertainment ticket sales.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Extremely coachable and eager to learn every day.
- Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law