WHO WE ARE:
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At HBSE, we engage, represent and reflect diverse voices of employees, players fans and communities. We are dedicated to hiring the best talent that is reflective of where we live, work and play – across all groups and levels; supporting and developing every employee to reach their potential; and creating an inclusive environment that allows team members to bring their true authentic selves to work.
The New Jersey Devils seek a self-starter who will be responsible for generating new ticket sales revenue and managing existing ticket sales accounts. With a primary focus on driving revenue for the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL), it will be the Account Executive’s responsibility to develop strong relationships with leaders of the business community in the Greater New York and New Jersey areas while providing excellent customer service through customized communication and tailored benefits to match the needs of the customer. Widely regarded as one of the top sales programs in the sports business, the New Jersey Devils Account Executive, Membership Sales position provides sports business executives with the opportunity to learn the business side of professional sports from the top leaders in the sports industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Generating new ticket sales through cold calling, networking, video and face-to-face appointments
- Sell a full-menu of HBSE product offerings with a focus on New Jersey Devils full season memberships, partial plans, group events, and single-event suite rentals
- Work New Jersey Devils home games at Prudential Center to host new business prospects and established clients
- Develop and maintain good-working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Prospect and cultivate new sales leads through creative lead generation approaches
- Meet and exceed established monthly and annual sales objectives and revenue goals • Identify business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, proactively soliciting and following-up on any sales leads and representing the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers at assigned functions
- Ensure customer data and profile requirements are accurately and completely detailed for defined accounts in CRM system
- Work assigned sales, promotional and team events during games and outside normal business hours
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
A minimum of 8 months experience as a top sales producer, preferably in the sports & entertainment industry
- A degree or diploma in business, communications, marketing, sports management or related field
- Strong knowledge and passion for a long-term career in the revenue-generating segment of the sports business
- Team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- High comfort level making cold calls and consistent outbound sales efforts
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to self-motivate
- Flexible and creative problem-solving skills
- Preferably possesses a database of qualified corporate prospects
- Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel)
- Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities, and the ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Work Environment: This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: As of the first day of employment, you must be able to demonstrate proof that you are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against COVID-19, unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption in accordance with Company policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts (all LGBT friendly)
- Pretax Transportation Benefit
- Generous parental leave policies
- 401K (100% up to 5% is matched, after 1 year of service)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 13+ Paid Holidays
- ½ Day Summer Fridays
- Complimentary or Discounted Sports & Concert Tickets
- On Site Fitness Rooms
- Other League & Partner Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.